[Geysers] Geyser report Tues Sept 9

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 14:29:19 PDT 2008

Yes, Bierstadt was the name I couldn't think of for that painting.

I reached Great Fountain at 0609 and found it well into an eruption. I guess
around 0530 for the start.

I managed to catch Pink, 1313, on the drive out. And that does it for the LGB.

Fan and Mortar erupted at 0519, see by Graham, Dean, and ?? Interval = 3d 02h
07m.

Riverside 0549 and 11-twentysomething (failed to write it down).

Grotto began a marathon at 1808 yesterday evening and was still going today
after noon.

Oblong 0336ie and 0832.

Daisy 0844, 1046, and 1242.

Grand 0452E and 1150 (G1Q).

Sawmill started at 0955 after a deep drain. Uncertain acted as if it wanted
to erupt before Sawmill but didn't, however it then did erupt at 1032, 37
minutes into the Sawmill.

Castle had a minor last evening and then a major at 2223. It started again at
1203 and that being a short interval, we expected another minor. It was, with
a D ~ 3 1/2 min.

Lion 0754 initial, 0926, and 1049 (end series?).

Aurum 0857.

Beehive probably went in the night. Or else, following yesterday's 0936, it
hadn't gone again as of 1230 today. Little Squirt was active all morning.

Plume intervals of 107/2, 106/2, 51, 52, and 57 minutes.

Scott Bryan

P.S. If interested, the Lower Store hours are now 9am to 6pm.