[Geysers] Geyser Report Oct. 15, 2008 (Wed.)

Bill Warnock billwarnock at wyellowstone.com
Wed Oct 15 16:40:52 PDT 2008

For all those who want to get away from the news...

A beautiful mixed sunny day with high in upper 40s and a little sleet, rain now and then.  Bison and elk in mating season.  AND Darwin Award candidates getting too near for pictures.

Fountain  0907 i.e.
Great Fountain = apparent early morning eruption.

Plume  0928 1029
Castle 1042 maj.
Aurum  1051
Beehive 1119 (NO Indicator--I was watching a series of high splashes which turned into full eruption)
Riverside  1223

Grand had been posted for 2 hours either side of 1345; the following is for Turban junkies:

Turban 1212  1229  1248  1307  1325  1343
Rift  1230   OFF at 1340
Grand 1344  (T2Q)
Oblong 1427 i.e.

Fan and Mortar  -  confirmed that marker washed away night of Oct. 13-14.  Marker has been replaced.

My niece Allison arrives tomorrow morning with friend, so will have more to report then.