[Geysers] F&M 11/28

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 14:27:35 PST 2008

I've been back about a week, but haven't had anything too exciting to report.

I just missed everything yesterday:  Vent and Turban were i.e. at 1333, Riverside too in the distance, Castle had minored, and Fan & Mortar were quietly steaming.  When I went down to place a new F&M marker using the old black gravel that washes to the left, the puddle there was still hot-tub-warm, and the wind was chilly (lots of frozen runoff channels in the basin).  Oh well.

I replaced a Penta marker today, 11/29, that was in place 11/24.  Lion was 1353.

4 to 6 wolves have been around, and they successfully hunted an elk (I think, seeing a skeleton at a distance) Saturday night/Sunday morning.  There are tracks on Lone Star trail too.

Also at Biscuit yesterday, all 3 pools before Sapphire were murky, Shell had a nice 8 minute cycle or so, and Avoca was strong.

For those coming this winter, we'll just have a staff of 3 rather than 4, so will be more grateful than ever for your help!

Carolyn Loren