[Geysers] UGB 11/6, another Fan & Mortar!

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:10:22 PST 2008

I didn't get to see it, but the marker was gone, all was very quiet, the snow was gone on the higher platform between Spiteful and the near edge of Mortar, and the boardwalk snow was spiky and icy in that same area.  I was there around 1445, after seeing Beehive at 1413.  Chilly morning, around 0 F.

This morning, 11/7:  Aurum 0851, Bulger 0910 i.e., Lion 0915 i.e.  Plume 0959.  Saw just one bison, but they're around off and on by the sign.  There were over 130 in 2 herds on 11/3.  7 swans flying southwest on the 4th, a dark and today a light morph red-tailed hawk.

More snow's coming; next week I won't be reporting for a little bit.

Carolyn Loren