[Geysers] Giantess video

Gary Einstein greinstein at prodigy.net
Mon Nov 3 09:52:22 PST 2008

A rainy weekend in So. Calif. was my motivation to digitize old vhs home
movies.  In doing so I re-discovered movies of our trip to Yellowstone
in 1987.  There are pictures of the Cody 4th of July parade before, and
narration of what was the beginning of the great fires using a July 8
date after, so the movie was shot somewhere between.

I also recall that Giantess had initially erupted the day/night before,
so what I shot was the second (or third) in the series, and is
considerably weaker than an initial (see Tara's video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akZfqeVMiIk).

Video and sound are not to today's quality, but shows how impressive a
weak eruption can be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRhBB8b7kgY

Gary Einstein