[Geysers] Fw: (USGS/NPS News Release) What Makes an OldGeyserFaithful?

SCOTT BRYAN tsbryan_380 at msn.com
Sat May 31 19:03:24 PDT 2008

USGS studies have indicated that the deep geothermal fluid is hundreds of years old -- one paper cited a possible 1,100 years. The paper in question here (and I have not been able to get the article itself) is, I think really discussing the influence of near-surface (meteoric) water admixing with the geothermal. To some extent I think this is sort of a "Duh" sort of thing... but like I say, I haven't seen the article.

Scott Bryan