[Geysers] Fw: (USGS/NPS News Release) What Makes an Old GeyserFaithful?

Lucille Reilly thedulcimerlady at juno.com
Fri May 30 20:04:41 PDT 2008

I find this very interesting because I remember the ranger saying on a
geyser walk in 2000 that OF's water supply is about 500 years old.  Not so?
Now I wonder how that info came about.

Lucille Reilly

                      Sent by: Al Nash         cc:       (bcc: Lee
Whittlesey/YELL/NPS)
                                               Subject:  (USGS/NPS News
Release) What Makes an Old Geyser Faithful?

                      05/30/2008 09:26

                      AM MDT

For Immediate Release - May 30, 2008

WHAT MAKES AN OLD GEYSER FAITHFUL?

New research suggests that how often Old Faithful and other Yellowstone
geysers erupt may depend on annual rainfall patterns.