[Geysers] Geyser report May 22

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu May 22 12:55:07 PDT 2008

Most park roads --but not West to Old Faithful -- were closed for a time
today. At Old Faithful, overnight about 1 1/2 inches of snow which was pretty
well melting off by late morning. However, officially this area is under a Heavy
 Snow Advisory through tonight, and now those forecasts actually call for "4
to  18 inches" of snow. The satellite loops indicate an awful lot of crud
headed  this way.

As for the geysers:

Fan & Mortar, Link, Splendid, and Giant all did not erupt.

As noted yesterday, we'll never know what actually transpired when the  Giant
Complex made its recovery from that Grotto marathon, but Giant did not
erupt. This morning everything seemed to be functioning in the same fashion as
before both of these Grotto marathons. I happened to practically walk up on a
Mastiff bathtub, at 0818. Bijou did not shut off.

Grotto was ie at that time, 0818 (couldn't clearly see it before I got down
there due to steam).

Riverside 1039.

Daisy 0844 and 1046.

No Oblong between 0815, when it was overflowing, and about 1100.

Grand 0752 (T2Q).

The Sawmill Group seems to have been thoroughly stuck in Sawmill mode for
the last three days.

Castle 2041E last night and 0943 major today.

Lion 0823 and 0936; I know there was an earlier eruption but don't have the
time.

No Aurum called while I was there.

Depression 1000ie.

Beehive was in the night.

Plume just one closed interval, and that was 60 minutes.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.