[Geysers] Geyser report May 21

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed May 21 13:31:24 PDT 2008

Can the temperature drop 40 degrees from one day to the next. Yes. Light
rain early this morning turned to snow by about 0800 and continued. On the early
drive out, it was snowing hard all the way back to West. And now I see the
Webcam is completely clouded with dew or snow or whatever.

So perhaps we'll never really know what happened at Giant today. Sorry to  be
a wuss, but we all got too cold and wet to wait out the complete marathon
recovery. Giant was completely abandoned at about 1130.

Yes, Grotto went long yesterday. How long we do not know, but at about 0730
today Bijou was just beginning to come back on. As time went on, it got
progressively stronger accompanied by more and more jetting in Catfish, jetting  in
back Mastiff and in Giant. At 0818 was the first time I saw a splash in front
 Mastiff, and that action got progressively more common.

Finally, at 1021 there was a Mastiff footbath. After that, the GIP wasa
still standing a good 4 to 6 inches below the elbow. Unfortunately, for the  next
hour-plus the frequent Bijou pauses produced no action -- even the GIP came
up only an inch or two. And we just had to leave.

Fan and Mortar markers were in place at 0800.

Riverside started overflow between 0810 and 0815, and then erupted at  0946.

Daisy at 0911 was the only one we saw. Perhaps we missed the next eruption
while sheltering from the snow, but if not it hadn't erupted again as of about
1140.

Oblong 1042ns.

Grand was 03xxE and then 1031ie -- it was called but was invisible from
Giant.

Lion 0714, not initial.

Jim got Beehive's Indicator at 0620ie, Beehive at 0632.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.