[Geysers] Geyser report May 6

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 16:50:11 PDT 2008

I didn't think it was bad news, but then I saw the chase and take down early Tuesday afternoon!

  Karen Low

TSBryan at aol.com wrote:
      First the bad news. Today a large grizzly downed a bison about 1/2 mile north of Biscuit Basin, in plain sight of the road. Thus... The UGB trails downbasin are likely to remain closed "for the forseeable future." Quote-unquote from head-honcho OF ranger, Colleen (which maybe isn't spelled quite that way, since I think the initial on her name tag was a "K"; when patrolling the basin around 1400, she "confiscated" a bicycle at Grotto!). As of now, one can go to Castle and from there over to Sawmill. But it isn't legal to even go to Spasmodic yet alone Grand. From Sawmill you can go to Geyser Hill. But downbasin -- sorry, lots of mystery. Watch the webcam.