[Geysers] Another Fan & Mortar

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 8 10:29:24 PST 2008

I replaced the marker this morning, 3/8 (0930), and last saw one in place on Tuesday, 3/4.  Then there were a couple inches of snow on the lower area near and between the geysers.  This morning that lower area was snow free, and temperatures haven't been above freezing.  And of course, the marker was gone.

No ice on the packed boardwalk near Spiteful...

As the season ends, benches are completely covered at Riverside (except for someone's excavation), Grand and Old Faithful (except for more excavations).  There are 35 inches of compacted snow on the ground as of this morning.

I'll mostly be around, except for a week or so, and will report what I see with probably some delay.

Carolyn Loren