[Geysers] Streaming webcam

Derek Brice kentish_contractor at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 2 17:56:43 PST 2008

Hi Janet
You can no longer view the streaming cam with a stand alone media player.
You have to view it on this page:  http://www.nps.gov/PWR/customcf/apps/stream/stream.htm
You will find you will have to press the start button again every couple of
minutes or so. This has been done by the NPS to save some of the high
costs of running such a busy stream. Apparently too many people were
leaving it running all day as a screen saver.  If however you do somehow
find the hidden MMS link they are using, it will not last because it is randomly
changed every few days.
Hope that helps

Derek Brice