[Geysers] Geyser report Thurs June 12

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 15:49:39 PDT 2008

I never wrote anything yesterday because, though into the park, I was out
very early due to rather heavy snowfall. Fountain was 0537ie, Great Fountain
0608 (P=0) (but see below), Castle 0640 minor, Lion 0824, and Grand 0824.

Today...

Great Fountain is in the process of recovery. As of 1420 this afternoon, it
had had four post-wild phase eruptions: (thanks to Ralph for these electronic
numbers)
10 June  0424 (first post wild phase eruption)
10 June 1817 (1816 visual)
11 June 0613 (0608 visual)
11 June 2222 (a 1411ie in the logbook is clearly in error)
12 June no eruption as of 1420.

This morning, Great Fountain appeared to be empty at 0615. Ralph saw it in
heavy overflow at 0800, I saw it in heavy overflow at 1150 and at 1355. Then it
 dropped, starting at 1410 and was out of sight by 1420. As anticipated,
Great Fountain will be unpredictable for a while.

Fountain 0541 and 1148ie.

Grotto in marathon today, presumable the eruption that began at 08xx
yesterday. Note that there have been as many as four consecutive marathons  (again,
thanks Ralph) with which Giant seemed to not care one bit.

Riverside 0606.

Daisy 0600, 0812, and 1029.

No Oblong call while I was at the UGB.

Grand 0017E and 0828 (T2Q).

Lion 1326 initial.

Aurum 0700 and 1117.

Beehive's Indicator 1255, Beehive 1310.

Plume at 0719 and then not called again until 0855. That's 96 minutes, but  I
really don't think I missed an eruption until the next at 1023 (88 minutes).
I  hope I'm wrong.