[Geysers] Beehive

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Thu Jun 5 08:48:13 PDT 2008

The Park Service has several nice shots of Beehive on their website,
which has over 12,000 pictures in the public domain.  Unfortunately the
site doesn't have a search engine, so finding what you want can be
daunting.  http://www.nps.gov/archive/yell/slidefile/index.htm

Upper Geyser Basin photos are on several pages beginning with
http://www.nps.gov/archive/yell/slidefile/thermalfeatures/geysers/upper/
Page.htm

Beehive's photos are on page 2:
http://www.nps.gov/archive/yell/slidefile/thermalfeatures/geysers/upper/
Page-2.htm

None are recent but its' appearance hasn't changed since these were
taken.  I especially like the winter photos taken in 1961 and 1952 by
George Marler before boardwalks were built.
http://www.nps.gov/archive/yell/slidefile/thermalfeatures/geysers/upper/
Images/05031.jpg
http://www.nps.gov/archive/yell/slidefile/thermalfeatures/geysers/upper/
Images/05031.jpg