[Geysers] Geyser report Tues 6/3

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 15:46:32 PDT 2008

Not a particularly pleasant day, with some sun but a lot of wind and only
into the low 50s by afternoon.

Yesterday Grotto apparently had some sort of long-ish eruption. None of us
have any times, but this morning Marathon Pool was way down, Spa had only
recently ended activity, Grotto and its runoff channels were bone dry, and Bijou
was nearly, but not quite, dead. The recovery, if it can be called that,
evidently took place during the morning Oblong, as it was just after that when
Bijou took off with full force. We remain, however, with a rather dry platform
and no discharge from Mastiff or Giant.

That Oblong was 0915.

Daisy 0658, 0859, and 1100ie.

Fan and Mortar are quite content with having piles of dark gravel on the
platform.

Grand 0816 (G1C).

Sawmill thoroughly in force.

Castle 2109E major and today 1016 major.

Lion 0543ie, 0704 ending, and apparently nothing more.

Aurum 0648 and 1049.

Beehive's Indicator 0954, Beehive 1008.

The only Plume interval I got today was of 79 minutes (0924 to 1043).

Great Fountain has us a bit puzzled, though this aftfernoon's action might
answer a question or two. Yesterday it erupted at 1506. This morning, it had a
false overflow at 0605 and clearly had not erupted unless long before then --
 there was enough overflow to cause to pools to the north of the crater to
steam,  but no overflow before the pool dropped more than a foot; there wasn't
the  tiniest trickle of water in the runoff next to the road. I expected a
morning  eruption, but at about 1130 the platform was calm, the pool down a good
foot,  and the runoff channels dry. And as of 1300, it was all about the same
-- the  water came up a ways, dropped, and then had come up a bit again when I
departed.  Well, could be wrong, but I think Great Fountain was working on a
24+ hour  interval.

But the good stuff. I drove up and waited maybe 10 seconds for Labial at
0624. I drove up and waited maybe 2 minutes for Labial at 1143. Interval only 5h
19m. But I didn't see Pink today, and Pink Cone should have/and did erupt
between those Labials.

Back home by 2:30 to find that the gutters removed by the snow slide from
the roof had been replaced. Yay.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.