[Geysers] Two More Geyser Photos

Pat Snyder riozafiro at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 13:36:57 PDT 2008

Hi.
Here are two more interesting geyser photos from 5.28.08.
The first one is the reactivated UNNG in Black Sand Basin, near Green
Spring.
The second is the geyser at Black Sand Basin that erupted spring 2007,
named by Stephen Eide as "Sunlight Geyser" in honor of this hot spring
group's original name. It has opened a fissure behind it, which is
consistently boiling and surging, while blips of white water still jet
to about one foot from the original opening.
Clark Murray and I noticed a wet runoff channel from the original
geyser opening, and we were wondering if it did erupt more
significantly on occasion, although we didn't see it do so in about 45
minutes of observation.
Pat Snyder