[Geysers] Fan & Mortar, overnight 7/29-7/30

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:56:52 PDT 2008

I'm sending this brief report because it appears that the Fan & Mortar eruption that occurred sometime between 2300 on 7/29 and 0400 on 7/30 has not been reported yet.  Based on her observations of the recovery at 0500, Lynn Stephens estimated the eruption time at sometime around ~0130.  That puts the interval at roughly 3d04h, plus or minus, the second shortest since eruptions started up again in late June.

I will post a much longer report on other geyser activity as soon as possible.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com