[Geysers] Logbooks and Great Fountain Overflow data

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Jul 27 17:07:49 PDT 2008

First, thanks to Lynn for the Great Fountain overflow data.

Second, note that this shows what happens when people do not actually go
into the OFVC with geyser data but instead call it over the radio: I do have a
few Great Fountain overflows:

May 25, 84 min
May 26, >78 min
May 27, ------
May 28, 88 min
May 29, ------
May 30, --------
May 31, ~85 min
June 1, --------
June 2, -------
June 3, false overflow observed, no eruption until 1646.
June 4, wild phase started.
I have no additional overflow until:
June 12, false overflow duration 125 min

Dee Dykes reported on the evening of June 15 that there had been an  overflow
longer than 3 hours, but I know nothing more on that. And then (crud) I
departed on the 16th.

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 7/27/2008 4:23:01 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,