[Geysers] Three Crater Geyser

sgryc at comcast.net sgryc at comcast.net
Wed Jul 9 18:32:12 PDT 2008

     I observed Three Crater Geyser in eruption at five different times during my stay in the Upper Geyser Basin this past week.  After first noticing the geyser on July 2, I would stop my car at the Three Sisters Spring turnout each time I passed that way.  On July 5 I witnessed a complete eruption from 20:34:28 to 20:36:58.  The eruption was rather weak with widely spaced bursts of one to four feet.  I saw Three Crater Geyser twice on July 6 (11:08 i.e. and 15:25 i.e.).  I saw it the final time as I was leaving the park on July 7 at 6:09.  I never saw a burst larger than 4 feet.

Steve Gryc