[Geysers] Backpacker magazine

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 15:15:15 PDT 2008

Here's a little something of the sort that I've previously written to
publishers about. Since doing that never seems to do any good, I shall forego  the
effort this time. But:

Backpacker magazine, August 2008 ("National Parks Issue"), page 89
[bracketed comments are mine]:

-- From the South Entrance (a 70-mile drive through the park) [hey, that's
what it says right here in the article!] hit the Heart Lake/Mt. Sheridan  area
for a five-day highlights tour: high alpine scenery, fitful geysers, and
SOAKABLE HOT SPRINGS [emphasis mine -- gee, I wonder which springs they
recommend].

-- I also think I might get lost following these directions:
Best Dayhike: Shoshone Geyser Basin
Trek 18 miles from the Lone Star Geyser Trail to the Shoshone Lake  Trail
past the Lone Star Geyser to Grants [sic, "Grant's"] Pass. Turn right  [turn
right at Grants Pass?!?] onto the North Shore Trail and tour a geyser  basin
that's usually full of bison [really?!?, says I, having never, ever seen  one
there]...

Ah, well.......

Scott  Bryan