[Geysers] Article in the Portland Oregonian

Pat Snyder riozafiro at comcast.net
Thu Jan 17 05:10:29 PST 2008

Hello All.
There was an interesting article in The Oregonian yesterday about
Yellowstone's hydrothermal features, FYI.

http://www.oregonlive.com/science/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/science/120044311778980.xml&coll=7

Also, the current issue of Scientific American has an article on a new
theory about hot spot movement. It mainly covers Hawaii and the
Emperor Seamounts, but I would think the theory might also apply to
the Yellowstone hot spot. The article is a synopsis of a longer
discussion by the same author, Dr. John A. Tarduno of the University
of Rochester, in the journal Nature. I can't find a link to it on the
website, though. Sorry.

Pat Snyder