[Geysers] 2 more Giant tries, and Fan & Mortar

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:04:36 PST 2008

F&M:  Yesterday 2/26 I replaced the Fan & Mortar marker, and it looked like they had erupted perhaps late the previous afternoon.  There was spiky ice along the boardwalk between Spiteful and on past the signs toward the bridge, but there was the trace of overnight snow on top.  The walk down to place the marker was ice-free thankfully, so the water must have been gone before the overnight chill, which was below zero.

Giant:  Yesterday Jason saw a hot period around 1106, with Grotto on.  It lasted about 9 minutes and sounded exciting for a while.  This morning 2/27 I saw a hot period i.e. at 0852 with nice surges from Mastiff, and overflow from Turtle at 0858 i.e.  Didn't have time to stay, but from near Grand it looked like the show was over by 0900.

Little Squirt i.e. at 0921, and an early Beehive this morning, 0654 i.e. on the cam...

Carolyn Loren