[Geysers] Re: Meech 14 and 15

Gordon Bower taigabridge at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 13:07:24 PST 2008

I find #14 Radiator hard to believe too. My memory of Radiator in the early 90s is of a deep crevice that billowed steam at certain times, but almost never a visible droplet of water, and no wash or deposition around the vent. It did look almost-but-not-quite-right for Bonita's Sputs from a slightly odd camera angle: if I had been able to see water bubbling up from more than one place that might well have been my first guess.

For #15, how about the "Trail Junction UNNG" that broke out under the boardwalk between Emerald Spring and Rainbow Pool? The shape of the pool and vent look right but I thought the runoff came from the other end of the pool... maybe enough algae-assisted sinter buildup happened to change that.