[Geysers] Webcam report 12/25, and some 12/26 sightings (Fan & Mortar overnight)

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 26 13:29:37 PST 2008

One of those people out by Old Faithful yesterday was me!  Over and over and over again.  Dimly saw it at 0930, and for the rest of the day shuffled out because there wasn't any other way.

And not only the OF benches are missing... I spent the morning and then some putting out orange poles to mark the trail between Castle and the bridge, between Oblong and Grand, and then I ran out of poles.  The Grand and Riverside benches are gone for now, too.

In my winter time here, I've not seen anything lilke this storm.

Oh, and Fan & Mortar went post-storm last night; there was hardly any snow in the right places this morning, and spiky icy snow on the boardwalk.

Also on 2/26:

Riverside 1051 i.e.
Daisy 0924 i.e. (end), 1332 reported later
West Triplet 1142 i.e.
Grotto 1206 near beginning
Oblong 1216 i.e.

Our one-morning-a-week geyser prediction schedule...

Lion 1420 i.e. w.c.

And looks like Grand i.e. at 1422.

Carolyn Loren

Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 17:51:34 -0500From: meechg at verizon.netTo: geysers at lists.wallawalla.eduSubject: [Geysers] Webcam report 12/25

Based on what was observed on the webcam, nothing erupted today!  In fact Old Faithful could be dormant for all I know.  The only suspicious activity was that people came and gathered on the boardwalk and then left after a period of time.  One might infer that OF erupted sometime before they departed but I had no visual confirmation of an eruption from the cameras.

Also I wish to report that it appears that someone has stolen all the benches in front of OF.  The people standing on the boardwalk were seen to be searching for them at various times but they never appeared to find them.  Of course someone may have painted them all white or maybe there has been sufficient snow to cover them?

Maybe something will erupt tomorrow.

Merry Christmas
Graham Meech