[Geysers] Geyser Hill, 12/23/2008

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 14:07:47 PST 2008

I was at the Bus Barn checking my schedule when Beehive Indicator was called, so I skipped lunch and skied over to part way on the trail to Blue Star to watch it.  Start time was 1259.  I let Brad (guide from West Yellowstone) call it, because my radio is having issues.  Carolyn called Castle at 1218, and it was a major.  Geyser Hill was actually decent skiing for once, Little Cub was ie 1221.  Someone called Plume at 1233, but I could hardly see it from the back side of the hill.  Aurum was splashing very nicely, so I hung around and it erupted at 1248.  Vault and Giantess are very empty, and Infant is full.  Lion was 1253 ie.

If you saw someone waving to the webcam with antlers on, that was me.

Cupid Spring, Vixen Geyser, Comet Geyser: thermal features and reindeer.

Karen Low