[Geysers] Re: Geyser Carol for 2008

sgryc at comcast.net sgryc at comcast.net
Sun Dec 21 18:29:41 PST 2008

Dear All,

Yes, here is yet another seasonal tune that I have ripped off to add gazer-appropriate words. This is something that I have been doing every year since posting "I'm Dreaming of a Mastiff Function" back in 1997. Some dyspeptic critics find my poetry wanting, but others are so starved for geyser-related activities that they belt out these songs unmindful of their strained rhymes. To the latter I send the following geyser carol along with my best wishes for a great year of geyser gazing in 2009.

Steve Gryc

Silver Globes
(to the tune of “Silver Bells”)

Silver Globes, Silver Globes,
It’s gazing time in the basin.
Pool and Cave, please behave,
Soon it will be closing day.

Basin boardwalks, busy boardwalks,
Round with sinter all white
In the air there’s the sweet smell of brimstone.
Tourists shouting, gazers pouting
>From the dawn to the night
As they stare all day waiting to see,

Silver Globes, Silver Globes,