[Geysers] Avoca Spring

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 21:43:06 PST 2008

Avoca Spring at Biscuit Basin has changed its behavior since fall.  For those who didn't see it this summer, the fissure on the right had been erupting in a wall of water about every two minutes, and the left pool water level was way down.

Tonight, the left pool had water to about a foot down from the rim, and that side was splashing slightly.  The fissure to the right was quiet.

Other activity at Biscuit Basin: Jewel was active, Shell Spring was active, Mustard Spring was active

I'll make more detailed observations when I have a tour there in daylight, or ski out there on my next day off.

Karen Low