[Geysers] Lone Star

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 14:39:17 PST 2008

if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") {
 var YAHOO = {};
}
YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {};
YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = ["sensitive_news_terms"];
YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "Lone Star";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {
"lw_1229553533_0": {
"text": "Fountain Paint Pots",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 1293,
"endchar": 1311,
"start": 1293,
"end": 1311,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 0.54166,
"relScore": 9.9375,
"type": ["shortcuts:/us/tag/other/wiki"],
"category": ["WIKI"],
"wikiId": "Fountain_Paint_Pots",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "to take people out to geyser basins with flashlights (probably Fountain Paint Pots and Black Sand Basin.)       Karen Low       Karen Low",
"metaData": {
"visible": "true"
}
 }
};
YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "bd813045ff8f86effed3d4e0a95d09d7";

I saw Lone Star this morning at 1034.

The south bound snowcoaches did ski drops for employees, because tonight will be the first for guests at the Snowlodge, so there weren't any visitors southbound.  So I got dropped at Kepler (everyone else went to go do Spring Creek and Divide trails) and skied in.  I only had to wait about 15 minutes for Lone Star to erupt.  When I got back to the village, I stopped by the VC to tell Katy the eruption time, then headed over to Snowlodge.  Snowlodge was in Fire Alarm, so I couldn't go in.  While we were all waiting outside, Jay, a guide who drives out of West Yellowstone, came over and told us that Beehive Indicator was going.  So I skied over to where I could get a view of Beehive, but  I don't have a beginning time.  (I'd guess that one of you who spends their day glued to the webcam has a start time.)

One of these days I'll get out in the main basin.  But tonight, I have a Steam, Stars and Soundscapes tour, so I get to take people out to geyser basins with flashlights (probably Fountain Paint Pots and Black Sand Basin.)

Karen Low