[Geysers] Marler Inventory

Jack Ashe jack.ashe at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 17:26:48 PST 2008

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I am new to this list so I  searched the archives 2 years but could not find a match for this issue.
I have been reading Marler's Inventory  (from early 70's) and he uses a unique method for defining the location of thermal features that may have been placed on an unpublished USGS map according to the introduction in the GOSA materials  It seems that his inventory is more complete than the Research Coordination Network.   Is there a method to convert his system to something more traditional  (lat-long or UTM)? This would presumably be a spread sheet or a formula for making the conversion or at least a list of the reference points he used.
Jacques Ashe
Helena, Montana