[Geysers] Geyser report, July 14-30

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 18:03:27 PDT 2008

>OK -- can we get a description of Spectrum's location, as I don't recall
ever hearing this name before now. thanks.

>Scott Bryan

"Spectrum Spring" is a name proposed by Jeff Cross for the large, multi-vented spring on the flat area east and uphill from Fortress Geyser in the River Group.  Prior to this year it was always the largest hot spring in the area, with runoff flowing off of two sides, towards "Thermopod Geyser" and also towards Fortress.  As of July 24, water was sitting 4 or 5 feet down within its two largest vents, one of the smaller vents on the north side was a perpetual spouter from a low pool, and the rest of the vents were essentially dry.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com