[Geysers] One geyser sweep

Linda Isenor ldisenor at telus.net
Fri Aug 1 11:15:05 PDT 2008

Linda and I had the same experience on our first trip to Yellowstone in the fall of 1982. After spending most of the day touring the north end of the park from Mammoth we stopped at Norris to finally see our first geyser. The first geyser down the trail was Steamboat and it was in full eruption. Suitably impressed we toured the rest of Norris and continued on to Old Faithful where we got a room at the Inn. Of course we were hooked and have been back many times, and spend most of our time in the Upper Basin now. We are still waiting to see Giant however and missed it by one day last fall. Too bad it seems to have stopped for now.
Linda and Larry Isenor