[Geysers] Geyser report April 27

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Apr 27 14:55:29 PDT 2008

Today was a glorious day. Even had to put on some sunscreen! Although the
temperature was only about 15 when I left the house at 0700, the day quite
quickly warmed, eventually getting up to 48 with almost no wind.

Bear Update -- The bears seem to be gone -- none seen in the basin for at
least three days, and definitely the sub-adult twins are now at Midway. So
"Don't quote me on this" as we were told, but it is likely that at least some
boardwalks will be re-opened tomorrow.

First of all, take a look at the attached photo. Barely left of the center
of field is the runoff from Depression. (Or what used to be the runoff??) It is
 hardly being used, if at all. My recollection is that this runoff used to
contain colorful cyanobacteria, where obviously now there is none. Is my
recollection correct? In any case, still nobody I know of has seen Depression
since opening.

On the drive in, Till ie major at 0757.

North Chinaman Spring has done something recently. Certainly no eruption of
size, but the runoff contained quite a lot of fine, gray sediment along with
an  oddly-green bacteria (alga?).

Starting at 0823, Plume gave intervals of 54, 54, 54 and 52 minutes.

Yes, we got Beehive again. Indicator at 1038, Beehive at 1047, presumed
interval 21h 54m. The Indicator started within a few seconds of two very large
splashes. Little Squirt was active.

Somebody had entered Lion into the logbook at 05xx. It ended today's series
with a brief minor at 0858.

Never saw Aurum today.

Castle 0838 major.

Grand 1008 was a nice -3Q.

Did not see Oblong today. Did not see Grotto today, either from 0810 until  I
last departed the UGB at about 1345.

Riverside was 0808 ie.

Artemisia was 1149 ie.

At Black Sand, Green Spring definitely has done something recently, as some
runoff areas well away from and above the normal are freshly washed. I saw two
 really nice majors by Jagged Spring.

Black Diamond didn't even bubble for me today. Maybe that's good (sealed in
with crud?).

I wonder about Fountain's intervals. Today it was not erupting as I drove  by
at about 0745. It was reported as dry and out of sight at around 0900 and the
 same at around 1100. At 1300 it was the same, and Twig, Jet, and Spasm were
all  BONE dry. And it was not in eruption as I drove out around 1415.

I felt guilty coming out as early as I did, but gee ... you can only sit  for
so long.

listings at AOL Autos.