[Geysers] Geyser report April 23

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Apr 23 14:20:34 PDT 2008

This is about as brief as a report can be. It was ugly but dry early, so
even though the satellite loop showed some crud on the way, I went into the park
and pulled into the Inn parking lot at exactly 0800. It began to snow by
9:30,  grew hard by 10 and continued. I finally left at about 1115, after nearly
an  hour of barely being able to see Geyser Hill. So of course, the snow quit
about  the time I got back to West. I took the attached photo on the way out,
at about  1145, at 7 Mile Meadow (those are three bison including a calf).

The only bears I saw today were the two sub-adults, who were sharing a
carcass out across the meadow southwest of the interchange. New carcasses --  well,
euthanizations -- in front of the Lodge and near Biscuit Basin were  removed
this morning.

Plume was at 0829, ----, 0958 and 1046.

Beehive obviously had erupted -- essentially zero steam at 0800 and still
essentially none at 1115.

I still have seen neither Depression nor Lion, Lion was splashing at 0800
and splashing at 1115.

Aurum was 0905.

Down basin, Castle appeared to be in late steam phase at 0800,  which
following yesterday's 1028 major steam phase, implies a middle of the  night minor.

Again, no info about Grand.

Daisy steam cloud at 0854ie.

Great Fountain was 0752 ie. I think I reported my 1523ie yesterday (and
somebody else entered to the logbook at 150x ie), so this morning's eruption
indicates an interval of 15 or more hours.

Fountain Paint Pots is now open. I stopped there only  briefly today due to
the snow, but the NPS using payloaders scooped out the  snow and the parking
lot is now available. Lots of snow on the boardwalk,  though, and the stairway
is _really_ icy. Sorry, no geyser to report.

Later.....

Scott Bryan

Grotto was 0815ie, but it disappeared behind the later  snow.

listings at AOL Autos.