[Geysers] Geysers and Hot Pools

Andrew Hafner geyserhound at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 10 11:32:15 PDT 2008

Other spectacular thermal pools in Yellowstone:

Rainbow Pool
Emerald Pool
Sunset Lake (these three all at Black Sand Basin)
Beauty Pool
Blue Star Spring
Doublet Pool

Other predictable geysers:

Daisy
Fountain (this one can be spectacular because of its proximity to the boardwalk)

Andrew Hafner

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:09:12 -0600From: OTTS at byui.eduTo: geysers at lists.wallawalla.eduSubject: [Geysers] Geysers and Hot Pools

Here is my list of geysers that are either predictable, frequent, or continuous that would be possible to see during visits.  Are there other suggestions that the group might add?  (The number next to each is the page from Bryant’s book.)

Yellowstone Geysers

Old Faithful (27) √
Grand (72) √
Riverside (112) √
Beehive (34) √
Castle (55)
Atomizer (128)
Bijou (84)
Sawmill (62) √
Lone Star (32) √
Imperial (242) √
Echinus (274) √
Rustic (358) √
Spluger (373) √
Ivory (366) √
Great Fountain (184)
White Dome (192) √
Clepsydra (216) √
Bead (200)

Here is my list of most spectacular hot pools.  Are there other suggestions that the group might add?
Yellowstone Hot Pools

Morning Glory Pool (122) √
Crested Pool (59) √
Punch Bowl Spring (103) √