[Geysers] Activity at Grotto/Giant, Aug 27-30

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:15:39 PDT 2007

Once again, I must correct my own report....

"Grotto Fountain started at 1049, with Grotto following at 1050.  It was a marathon, though I do not know the duration.  The duration of Giant was 104 minutes."
I was led to believe that Grotto had marathoned because I heard that someone was out at Giant that night and saw a recovery hot period.  According to the electronic monitor data, however, the Grotto eruption that started at 1050 on Aug 30 actually lasted 2h07m, clearly not a marathon.  I apologize for this error.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com