[Geysers] Fan and Mortar

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 19:34:24 PDT 2007

I am getting to this late so I'll leave it with the big news of FAN &  MORTAR
today, September 3 at 1308.

Really odd start.

First there was a Gold Vent pause. River came on, and then:
1221 River Vent pause
1247 River on
1249 High and Gold on
1252 Angle on
The vents had good water all along, pouring out a lot of water. Finally, at
roughly 1300 the vents went into a lock.
Then they dropped out of the lock.
Then they went into lock
Then they dropped out of the lock.
Then they went into a lock.
Then they dropped out of the lock. Yes, what seemed to be the classic lock
type of steady, strong jetting by High and Gold happened three separate times,
each separated by a time when the vents were hardly splashing at all.
During the latter part of this, there was increasing steam from Main and
East vents. And finally:
when the vents dropped out of the third lock, then and only then did the
eruption start with East Vent, at 1308.
Sheesh.
Whoo.
Attached photo by Pat Snyder, with thanks.