[Geysers] Latest update on Sam Martinez, forwarded from Theresa

Suzanne Strasser sjstrasser at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 22:59:28 PST 2007

Greetings,

            I saw Sam yesterday, Saturday.  There are some changes.

            About two weeks ago, before he was moved to the nursing home, he
was able to sit up in a chair for less than an hour.  He was up for over 3
hours while I was with him.  He is able to feed himself if the food is cut
up.   He is alert and asking questions although his voice is still very
soft.

            Sam is having a lot of trouble with the left arm.  Apparently it
hurts a lot to move it or have it moved.  He is able to read, some but it is
not easy for him to open a book or turn the pages, yet.

            There are some holes in his memory surrounding how he ended up
in Great Falls in the first place.  I explained it, but I have a feeling
I'll have to explain it several times before he remembers.

            At this time it does not look like Sam will return to Helena
until late December.

Theresa