[Geysers] GIANT May 31 @ 0941 wc

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu May 31 15:58:16 PDT 2007

In a message dated 5/31/2007 9:51:49 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
fanandmortar at hotmail.com writes:

Got a  call alerting me of the post-marathon hot period this morning, so I
turned on  the webcam.  The first visible steam from the area was at 0938,
probably  Mastiff.  Then at 0941 wc, Giant.  See attached snap.  Looks  like the
gazers there had a perfect morning.

I had a tour today, but I did get to Old Faithful to see the last few
minutes of Giant from afar. 'Tis fine -- it erupted. And I'm told that I qualify
for the traditional Bill's-Eino's celebration.

I was told that yesterday's Grotto marathon ended sometime between 2130 and
2400, and so had a duration roughly between 18 1/2 and 21 hours.

The recovery hot period started at 0928. Mastiff started at 0937, Giant at
0939. Interval 7d 04h 07m.

And I was told that due to the north wind, the steam blew in such a way  that
Mastiff was fully visible.