[Geysers] Geyser report May 21

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon May 21 14:18:58 PDT 2007

Not really a whole lot in today's report. The predicted bad weather  arrived,
not with much wet stuff but an awfully strong wind in 40-degree temps.  I
gave it up early in order to do a requested Sput article, this, and  more.

The long Grotto marathon of yesterday ended sometime in the night. What I'm
sure was the recovery hot period took place at 0840 and was a bit
disappointing  (even if Giant is only 2 days from the last eruption). Although Mastiff's
overflow was heavy enough to cover about 1/2 if India, the duration was only
3m  52s. Michael Goldberg called another hot period at 1255; its duration was
(I  think) 5m 50s. If there was any other hot period between those two, I never
 heard a call about it.

Daisy was 0854 and 1208.

Just one Oblong, 0756ns.

Grand was 0101E, then 0927 (T2C).

During yet another Sawmill deep drain, Uncertain was 1036ie. For the first
time in 3 or 4 days, my marker on Penta was NOT washed this morning.

Plume was running short intervals today: 0755, 0842, 0930, 1016, 1101 and
1148.

Lion 0932 initial, 1109, 1232.

Dome is active today. The West Bubblers and C-C vent were active as before
at Beehive, from which I did not see any splash today.