[Geysers] Geyser report May 11

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri May 11 16:11:00 PDT 2007

Wonderful event of the day, and if anybody can better this one, then I'd
love to hear it... Per the marker I placed on opening day, Penta had not erupted
since sometime before (maybe well before?) April 20. Today it was 1222ns. The
 duration was about 44+ minutes. BUT THEN Penta was 1501ie!!!!! Thus, an
interval  of not more than 2h 39m. The shortest I've ever heard of was about 6
hours.  (Note: these were both full water phase eruptions.)

Grotto was on early, turned off at about 0740. Grotto Fountain then at  1208,
Grotto 1210. Grotto off at 1400.

Giant was having hot periods and bathtubs today on hourly intervals. During
thenhot periods, Mastiff _never_ managed to actually overflow, although a time
 or two it did have impressive surges while filling to near overflow. I
watched  three hot periods; all involved only Feather and SW Vents, and one didn't
even  have SW Vents.

Oblong was at 0950 and 1404.

Daisy back onto the short mode, erupting at 0721, 0948ie, 1209ie, and  1420.

Overnight Grand was 2348E and 0645E (6h 57m), then at 1329 (6h 44m, G2Q),  so
making up maybe for that weirdly long interval yesterday.

Castle was at 0006E and 1311, both majors.

Lion was splashing in the morning hours and still splashing at 1500.

KC and Julie finally got Depression at 1222.

Consecutive Plumes were called at 1048, 1142, 1232, and 1325. I'd also seen
it at 0707.

Both inbound and outbound, the geyser at Black Sand was splashing 2 to 6
feet.

Bill W. caught Fountain at 1116.