[Geysers] Geyser report May 6

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun May 6 15:25:16 PDT 2007

Today was far nicer than yesterday. Not ideal, though, as the morning was
still cloudy and windy, but as time went on the sky gradually cleared and the
wind dropped. The temp got all the way up to 50. Now there's not a cloud in
the sky, and the next two days might be pretty ideal.

0700 found Grotto in eruption, and this turned out to be early in a  marathon
-- probably started 6-ish. After one weak hot period at 0820, Bijou  died at
around 1000. Since we know that 15-16 hour marathons are "long enough,"
midday tomorrow might have a pretty good shot on the recovery.

The single observed Riverside was at 0843.

Oblong was full and pushing at 0715 but did not erupt until 1117.

We hope the time from 0740ie to 1251 was a double interval at Daisy. So
probably it has switched from the 3-hour to the 2 1/2-hour mode.

Starting with yesterday morning, Grand has become a bit erratic as compared
to a few days ago: 0600E, 1319 (7h 19m), 2149E (8h 30m), 0438 (6h 49m), and
1316  (T1Q, 8h 38m).

There was a West Triplet at 0839. The next was at 1219, at a time when  Grand
_really_ looked good and didn't drop noticably until after Turban started.
However, although West Triplet had a duration of 42 minutes, there was no Rift,
 and Grand erupted on the first Turban after W.T. quit.

As happens daily, the Sawmill Group underwent a Tardy Cycle this afternoon,
and as happens each time, Penta came up enough to cause a bit of true
overflow.  But no eruption. The marker I placed on April 20 remains in place.

For Castle, yesterday it was 0423E major, 1824 major, then today not until
0935 major. That's an interval of 15h 11m, and there was no minor  involved.

I finally saw Aurum, at 0931. (By the way, a few days ago maintenance
replaced the wooden railing there.)

Plume at 0943, 1036ie, and 1130.

Beehive: BIOS.

Today going both in and out, I saw only weak (2-foot max) splashing in the
"new" geyser at Black Sand.