[Geysers] Geyser report May 1

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue May 1 16:20:53 PDT 2007

Since what I posted yesterday, Grand has had four intervals: 6:46, 6:38,
7:00 and 6:41. The naturalists are now using 7 1/2 hours for predictions, which
would miss only 1 of the 30 eruptions. (So far.)

After yesterday's short midday Grotto, it started again at 1803. Today it
quit between 1130 and 1145, so a marathon of 17 hours. Luck to those who are
still out there.

Artemisia 0712ie.

Daisy 0748, 1054ns, and 1357.

Oblong 0712ie (from near Black Sand, I really thought it was Giant...),  then
unquestionably missed in the vicinity of 1000-1030, then 1342 ie.

Those Grands today were 0113E, 0813 (-2Q), and 1454 (G1Q).

At 0948 Castle had a minor with a duration of about 5 1/2 minutes. It then
had a major 5h 04m later, at 1452.

I stand corrected -- what I said yesterday about "Tilt" is the so-called
"Tilt's Baby" (personally, I wish we could drop the "Baby" part). Today I saw a
good eruption from it, a good 4 feet up and out with a duration of a full 2
minutes. It started after about 1 1/2 minutes of heavy overflow.

Lion was a bit special today: 0849 initial, 1003 strong minor, 1041, 1201,
and 1333. At about 1515 it has some strong steam puffs but then seemed to
finally give up.

BIOS. That means "Beehive is orange still".

Once again we seem to have missed seeing Aurum today. When I first went up
there circa 0800 the boardwalk was sopping wet, so it had gone shortly  before.

Steve Eide had Fountain at 1003 and reported a full duration of 39 ( ! )
minutes, saying that it acted like it was going to stop at 32 minutes, then took
off again. Whether the intervals are single or double we don't know, but
often  Fountain is being seen 7 to 7.5 hours after the previous known  observation.

Plume 0840, 0930, 1019, ----, 1203 and 1252.

I guess that's all.