[Geysers] Identity of Hildebrand

Janet Chapple jochapple at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 7 20:25:44 PST 2007

Thanks for sharing this, Scott. I love digging out the historical
things about Yellowstone, too, and relish any information about the
really early pictures and articles. Artists are notoriously bad
spellers--but misspelling their own name? Probably slipped by an
editor.

And I've learned that looking for slight misspellings of names
sometimes pays off. I was trying to find out about a Belgian who
visited the park in 1883 and finally realized his name was spelled
Leclercq & not Leclerq.

Janet Chapple
-------