[Geysers] Road Closures in West Yellowstone Area

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jun 29 06:02:02 PDT 2007

In a message dated 6/28/2007 6:25:06 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
riozafiro at comcast.net writes:

The  Madison Arm Fire near West Yellowstone has increased in size this
afternoon, and several roads are temporarily closed in the West
Yellowstone area.

I don't have an update for today (Friday, 6/29), but for the information --
yesterday morning the fire was reported as 900 acres, and it flared up
considerably during the day. At 5:30 flame was visible from Highway 191 (as we
drove out for the traditional Bill's-Eino's Giant celebration). The Baker's Hole
Campground, which had been evacuated on Wednesday, was again evacuated as a
precaution (oh, what fun Jere has had, and he had to miss yesterday's Giant
because of it). However, we've actually had little smoke in town and seem to be
safe here. A lot of the back, forest service roads are closed but no main
routes.