[Geysers] Geyser report June 26

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 16:19:17 PDT 2007

So to speak, there were two "failures" today.

At Fan and Mortar, there was a strong event cycle, strong enough to lead
some viewers to don their rain gear. There was a double River Vent pause
accompanied by strong Main Vent splashes (at least twice over the rocks into  East
Vent) and short eruptions by Bottom Vent that were good enough to send  water to
the river. Once Gold and High came on, they maintained steady jetting  about
4 feet high for fully 9 1/2 minutes. Alas, no eruption. For the full  cycle,
River off to River off, 76 minutes.

At Grotto-Giant, Grotto started a marathon at about 1415 yesterday, and  that
ended at about 0615 today, so a marathon duration of 16 hours. As happened
last week, the recovery period was short, at about 6 1/2 hours, as the recovery
 hot period began at 1244. Although Mastiff did occasionally surge to at
least 4  feet and briefly got fairly wide, it couldn't sustain the activity.
Feather and  Feather Satellite, too, were rather weak throughout the hot period.
Duration 9m  29s, no eruption.

Artemisia 1130, duration at least 23 minutes.

Daisy 0651, 0921, 1139 and 1416.

Oblong was 0738ie and 1259.

Grand was called at 0635ns and then 1338 (-1Q).

Castle at 1152 was a major following an overnight minor.

Spending most of my time down basin, the only Plume interval I recorded was
of 48 minutes.

Enroute out, I saw an eruption of Gemini at 1431. I already knew that Pink
Cone was 1429ie (steam). Labial appeared to be some time post-eruption at 1438,
 when it puffed a fair amount of steam with no water visible.