[Geysers] Geyser report June 11

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 16:24:49 PDT 2007

I was in for a fair while today, and here's the high points:

Grotto started a marathon at 1447 yesterday. It was still going as of 1400
today, so we're all hoping for an additional 10 hours or so. Well, we can  hope.

I looked at Fan and Mortar for a bit this morning and, frankly, they looked
pathetic. Totally disorganized and weak. Yeah, I know they can snap right into
a  strong cycle, but....

Oblong was 0600ie and 1045ie.

I missed the early Daisy but then it was 1100 and 1400ie.

Grand was 0040E and 0901 (G2Q).

Castle at 1358 was a minor with a duration of about 6 minutes.

Aurum was 0935.

Plate was seen at 0930ie and 1216.

Beehive erupted yesterday with no Indicator, at 1545. It was also entered
into the logbook for Saturedcay, also at 1545 no Indicator, so I'm pretty sure
somebody entered it there in error.

Found out via a newspaper article, then looking at the logbook, that Black
Diamond evidently erupted at 1830 on May 31. Indeed, there is now less orange
bacteria in the crater than there was earlier.

In the Lower Basin, a series of Botryoidal eruptions were very consistent
with interval within seconds of 4 1/2 minutes. Logbridge at 1250 and 1318 seems
to be having intervals about the same as last year, but the durations are
significantly shorter -- only 21 and 23 seconds.

Mike Lang said that Great Fountain was 0624ie.

In three visits to LGB, Gemini was gently bubbling from the righthand  (cone)
vent each time.