[Geysers] Giant eruptions

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 00:12:33 PDT 2007

A bit of vindication!

On 4/9 I noted to the listserv that the Giant signs looked like they'd been
strategically placed on platform to maximize the chances of NOT being moved
in an eruption, and so  the very long interval was thus a bit suspect - and
I looked forward to the download to see if there was a missing eruption.

Sure enough!  The download from Jens shows a "mystery eruption" on 3/29
during which the signs didn't move.   There was still a 15 day interval
immediately after that, but the new, revised Giant eruption chart (see
attached) seems a lot more logical.  Note that I left a "ghost" of the
former chart in place - that 23 day interval was definitely an outlier - so
outlying that it really didn't happen.

That's a bit of a relief, actually.

Paul Strasser

  _____