[Geysers] what kind of scanner

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 18:44:08 PDT 2007

In a message dated 6/8/2007 6:13:41 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
megj at nwlink.com writes:

Does a person need to buy in order to listen to  the gazers and so forth in
the geyser basins?

The FRS radios utilize public airwaves. Technically, anybody can use any of
the frequencies. We ask that users restrict Channel 4, Subchannel (aka,
Interference Eliminator Code) 5 to geyser information only, given that all  other
gazers and the Visitor Center are there, too.

We also ask that if you are going to use such a radio, that any information
you might pass along be as precisely accurate as possible -- this includes the
 time on your watch (which some gazers recently have not been doing, one
nonsensically stating that "we" could make corrections if we wished).