[Geysers] Psychedelic Steam Vent.

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 07:41:49 PDT 2007

In a message dated 7/30/2007 5:09:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov writes:

Mike is  right. That is how I remember it too. It was formerly called "Dr.
Jones's  Psychedelic Steam Vent." As you might imagine that name came from
the 1960s  or early 1970s. I think it was in place before Scott Bryan got to
Norris in  1974.

Well, I still think that's Recess rather than Psychedelic, but maybe not.
There's another thing I'll try to remember to look at when I get back to the
park. And yes, that was originally Dr. Jones's Psychedelic Steam Vent, Dr. Jones
 being Jim Jones. I'm pretty sure he was not in the park before the 1970s but
I  know he was at Norris in 1973 (at least, maybe before that). [Ah, the days
of  Hodie's Hole, Dr. Jones's, Dr. Morey's, Scottie's Spouter, Duane's
Delight,  Phred's Phantastic Phumerole, etc. etc. Not to mention the earlier
Harding, Dr.  Allen, Decker, and more.]