[Geysers] Upslope from Artemisia

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 17:27:30 PDT 2007

In a message dated 7/24/2007 9:36:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
caroloren98 at hotmail.com writes:

A separate  area:  on 18 July I saw that the pools upslope from Artemisia
were down  maybe 4-6"; also Wave Spring has lowered some too, on 22 July it was
maybe an inch or so down from its normal.  Have others seen this  earlier?

The pools upslope from Artemisia -- that is, across the old road and up the
hill, consisting of Iron Spring, the  larger of the two and which evidently
had a few eruptions up to 4 feet high  following the 1959 earthquake, and “
Tomato Soup Spring,” so called  during the late–1920s -- always tend to lower
their water levels as the season  progresses. In general, too, I think the boiling
(or maybe it is just bubbling)  simultaneously grows stronger as the levels
drop. what surprises me is Carolyn  stating that on 18 July these springs had
levels down just 4 to 6 inches. I cold  swear that 2 to 3 weeks ago, those
levels were down at least 12 inches. Well...  I'll be able to take another look in
a couple of weeks.